Employee Relations Investigator
Are you passionate about employee relations? Do you enjoy conducting investigations? Are you interested in joining a new team? Intel Human Resources is establishing an Investigations Center of Excellence in Costa Rica/Mexico to conduct employee relations investigations across the U.S. The Employee Relations Investigators will partner closely with Business HR partners on employee relations matters and will investigate workplace complaints and guidelines violations. Reporting to the Employee Relations Investigations Manager, ER Investigators will support various business group HR teams across the U.S . The Employee Relations Investigator is predominately a work from home position conducting virtual investigations, therefore, a proper environment (or home office) is required, however time in the office will be required from time to time for team collaboration at the manager’s discretion.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Conducts HR and Employee Relations investigations and recommends appropriate actions consistent with company’s guidelines and policies.
· Conducts complainant, witness, and subject interviews; reviews of applicable policies and practices; analyze data and documents; determine witness credibility and develop findings and conclusions.
· Partner with HR Business partners to determine recommended remedial action based on investigation findings and close with management.
· Maintain case records and document investigation findings
· Provide timely communication to all relevant parties throughout investigation process
· Remain respectful and empathetic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations surrounding an investigation
· Develop trusted relationships to influence partners and business leaders
· Independently manage assigned casework, bringing investigations to closure quickly and definitively
· Analyze aggregate investigations data to identify issue trends and opportunities for proactive issue mitigation; advise HR Business partners on same
· Consult and collaborate with HR Business Partners, ER, Legal, Internal Audit, and Security on complex investigations
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology or related field.
- 3+ years' experience in the following:
- Working as a HR business partner, employee relations investigator or related HR position.
- Handling investigations and employee relations matters.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced English level (oral and written).
- Experience conducting HR investigations of US based employees (3+ years).
- Proficient understanding of US federal and state employment and labor laws.
- Experience working in multinational companies.
- Experience in technology industry.
- Experience conducting investigations virtually/over video.
- Advance degree in Human Resources, Employment Law or Business. Administration or other specialized training in Employee Relations.
- Experience with Workday, MS Teams.