Facilities Industrial Wastewater Systems (IWS) Technician
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come. Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation. In addition, CS approaches Diversity and Inclusion with the same rigor, accountability and visibility as our critical business strategies, embedding diversity and inclusion practices in everything we do. We are responsible for building an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. We are a global workforce that generates diversity of thought and innovation, resulting in better overall business results. Corporate Services values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to deliver their very best. We thoughtfully embed inclusivity and diversity as core strengths in our hiring, career development and training practices. Corporate Services' success depends on our people and we highly value our amazing employees. Make Corporate Services your workplace of choice today.
As a Facilities Industrial Wastewater Systems (IWS) Technician your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conducts sampling and analysis of various water facility systems like UltraPure Water (UPW), Liquid Industrial Waste systems (LIWS), and Industrial wastewater systems (IWT).
- Helps operate, maintain, and troubleshoot industrial water, waste, and chemical related issues that can impact water quality across any water systems like reverse osmosis (RO), ion exchange, ultrafiltration, Ultraviolet light sterilization, wastewater, cooling towers condenser water, chilled water, process chilled water (PCW), steam boilers, heat exchangers, air scrubbers, water spraying systems for outside air units, air handlers, and industrial waste systems.
- Provides practical and day to day interpretation of analytical instruments to determine quality and health of water such as ion chromatography, Differential Microbio Analysis (DMA), particles size and count, etc.
- Helps in working and coordinating with third party analytical laboratories to sample, ship and obtain results of collected samples.
- Assists in preparing technical reports to present to a wide array of audience, both technical and nontechnical about the initiatives and performance of the water treatment division.
- Supports in implementing novel analysis and new methods to improve result accuracy, turnaround times, and cost, and writing and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) relating to sampling and analysis.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must possess at least one of the following:
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree in STEM OR Facility Management OR Certification in a water program or related field
- 4+ years of Military technical experience is considered in lieu of a degree with work experience in wastewater system operations.
- 2+ years of work experience in Industrial Wastewater System operations or related.
Wastewater certification or equivalent would be an added advantage.
1+ years of experience in:
- Facilities maintenance.
- Biological wastewater treatment.
- Reverse osmosis water treatment systems.
- Waste treatment facilities