Facilities Technician - Ultra Pure Water / Industrial Waste
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So, join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation. Intel Corporation's state of the art facilities gives you the opportunity to learn a variety of technical and operational skills to develop, operate, maintain, and repair the world's most advanced facility equipment, in a demanding and challenging operations environment.
Life at Intel link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/life-at-intel.html
For this position you will work with other professionals as an Ultra-Pure Water and Industrial Waste System technician. In your daily tasks you’ll work with a group of motived people in maintaining equipment, doing maintenance and repairs, updating logs, and communicating daily activities to all the various stake holders. We are looking for people that are eager to learn and grow in their skills. People that are always ready to assist others and understand their customer’s needs. We want people that are ready to be a part of a very successful team and are willing to contribute their best.
As a Facilities Ultrapure Water & Industrial Waste Systems Technician your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Operating and maintaining industry standard RO, UPW, filtration and distribution equipment, to state of the art fluoride, copper, ammonia and other specialized waste treatment systems.
- Hands on equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs using procedures and peer training in the field. Utilizing Maximo Maintenance planning software as well as online logging of daily events
- Maintaining Analytical equipment and instrumentation relying on quality data parameters online from various sources
- Daily communication with system owners and factory customers as needed on issues, equipment readiness, system impacts and scheduled maintenance.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
This position is a Nightshift compressed work week schedule on either the front half or back half of the week.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- 4+ years of experience with industrial waste and or water systems operations, power plant operations, boiler operations and maintenance or similar role. Equivalent experience considered would be Journeyman Plumber/Fitter, Journeyman Boiler Operator. (Acceptable duration as an apprentice may also be considered.)
- 4+ years’ experience with piping, electrical, or mechanical use of hand and field tools.
- 5+ years of experience with industrial waste and or water systems operations
- Waste and or Water (UPW) certification or equivalent would be an added advantage in Facilities maintenance experience.
- Ability to excel as an individual contributor and part of a team and work effectively across multiple facilities operations disciplines.
- Proficiency in Maximo and ICMTL, SPEED, PEMS (Preventive Excursion Management System) a plus.
- AA/AS degree in a water program, military service, and 4+ years of work experience in industrial waste system / Ultra-pure water operations or any equivalent degree