Internal Audit IT SOX auditor
We are seeking a dynamic, effective, and experienced IT SOX Auditor. The Internal Audit team is responsible for delivering high quality audits, advisory, and consultative risk management services spanning the breadth of Intel Operations, including sales and marketing, business units, engineering, manufacturing, technology development, supply chain, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate functions, which includes SOX Audits.
In this role you will conduct and support Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Information Technology related audits by examining and verifying system, accounting, statistical or operational records and/or procedures of internal and/or external organizations to determine the reliability and effectiveness of financial and control systems. Also, you will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of the corresponding audit workpapers with the auditors and for reporting findings to the Audit Lead and Management, following professional standards and using formal education and judgment.
As a member of the SOX Services Audit team, you will:
- Execute SOX Audits of Application Controls (APCs), Information Technology General Controls (ITGCs) and Program Lifecycle Controls (PLCs).
- Determine if controls are designed and operating effectively to mitigate financial risks.
- Deliver audit workpapers of the specific controls assigned and work with the lead to resolve any comment or questions.
- Investigate control gaps identified during the audit process in partnership with the auditor, IT SOX, EY and IT Control Owners for the corresponding disposition.
- Identify improvements in the controls and audit processes.
- Respond to customer requests and develop professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Occasionally participate in Non-SOX Audit projects as requested by management.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Proven Information Technology Audit skills: possesses technical knowledge of IT systems and IT controls, including areas such as network security, logical access and change management controls at an infrastructure and application level, databases and systems maintenance, etc.
- Strong Business Acumen with good understanding of business processes, information technology and their interrelationships. Uses knowledge of business drivers to provide insight on key technology issues identified.
- Digital Acumen/Mindset: able to transform data into insights using analytical tools and identifies when manual processes or tasks can be simplified and/or automated using technology.
- Excellent written and verbal Communication: able to clearly and concisely articulate issues to an unfamiliar, diverse audience and his/her audit team. Can characterize observed data and/or issues in a way that is meaningful and relevant to the targeted risks.
- Excellent Attention to Detail: possesses the ability to focus cognitive resources to achieve precision in the preparation of the workpapers observing audit guidelines and training.
- Good understanding of Project Management techniques and tools, uses them to plan his job, anticipate roadblocks and deliver tasks on time.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related with 2 plus years of related IT Audit or IT Risk and Controls experience.
- Advanced English level.
- Must have permanent-unrestricted right to work in Costa Rica.
- CISA, CIA and or CPA certifications