Linux Kernel Developer
Habana Labs is a group at Intel that focuses on developing disruptive solutions that will shape the future of AI and Deep Learning computing. Led by top technologists and successful entrepreneurs, our vision is to take AI processing from its current limits to the peak of its potential. We see challenges as a tremendous opportunity, we are focused on execution and determined to make our vision come true. We are looking for exceptionally smart people who believe that AI will change the world and would like to join our exciting journey.
You will join AI software organization working on top notch market products and will be part of the team that develops the Linux kernel driver for Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning and Graphics accelerators.
What will be your daily tasks?
- Writing kernel driver code to initialize specific H/W IP in our SoC
- Debugging pre-silicon h/w on emulation environment
- Upstreaming code to the kernel mainline and doing discussions in kernel mailing lists.
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Strong programming skills in C, skilled in git
- 4+ year's work experience on software projects in the Linux kernel space
- Experience in programming drivers for PCIe accelerators (GPUs/Storage/Networking/etc.)
- Familiarity with kernel-user API best practices for accelerators
- Has the ability for fast ramp-up and self-learning
- Experienced working with worldwide teams
The ideal candidate should have strong Linux skills, solid experience with Linux kernel and driver's knowledge, experience in upstreaming Linux kernel patches.
What do we offer?
- Market-leading, competitive pay and benefits – quarterly pay bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch card, multisport/holiday card and many more (read about our benefits here).
- Flexible working time..
- Diverse and inclusive environment (read more about it here).
- Being a part of a socially and ecologically responsible company (read more about it here).
- Dedicated training for you during your first weeks at the company to make your transition into work easier and a personal buddy to help you build your network, answer any questions and integrate you into your position.
- Opportunities for professional development – wide library of online trainings and learning platforms, support and guidance from your team and manager, and different assignment programs.
- The possibility to build a lifelong career at Intel.
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.