Platform Validation Engineer
We are the Data Products Architecture and Engineering (DPEA) within Data Center and Artificial Intelligence (DCAI), driving Data Center and Cloud transformation through innovation, reliability and proven performance. There are reasons Intel is the global leader and preferred provider of server technology and products. Intel understands the needs of the modern data center and harnesses its years of experience and design expertise to deliver a broad portfolio of innovative server products, systems, and solutions to help businesses grow and be competitive in the market. Our team is motivated with passionate engineers to the core of our heart, and we are looking for more leaders and path finders.
We are seeking a Platform Validation engineer to join the Intel Xeon Accelerated Performance/ Scalable Performance (AP/SP) Platform Integration and Validation team. This role as Platform Debug Lead Engineer is responsible for working with reference and custom systems to define, coordinate, and lead the validation of server platforms that showcase Intel's futuristic datacenter products. This position requires a combination of validation engineering and execution leadership.
APlatform Validation Engineer is the critical link among the silicon, board, system, ingredient development teams, and the platform integration/validation teams, ensuring effective root cause and issue resolution. Projects will be varied, including new reference designs for server platforms, high-volume customer designs, and unique one-off customer designs.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Systems or related STEM fields.
- Advanced English level.
2+ years of experience:
- Programming in Python, C and C++.
- Working with Linux.
- With design and validation of process based electronic systems (Computer Architecture).
- Working to integrate various system components (HW, BIOS, OS, Drivers, etc.) and validate/debug to the requirements for server platforms.
- With testing development.
- The position is in Mexico, it is not eligible for employment-based visa/immigration sponsorship.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a positive factor in identifying top candidates.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering/Science or related STEM field with 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with system and/or Functional validation.
- Experience influencing the IP/SoC design decisions and/or pre-/post- validation methods by doing validation gap analysis.
- Experience with chipset/processor interfaces (PCI Express, UPI, Memory, USB, SAS, etc.) to interpret specifications to assist with debug and test development.
- Experience with Cloud Service Provider (CSP) and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) teams.
- Experience in automation and test/integration methodologies.
- Experience developing validation methodologies and infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in Server based technologies, Machine Learning, Microprocessor, CPU, or FPGA validation, PCIe, DRAM, I2C, SMBus, Ethernet architecture and Cloud Technologies.
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.