Principal Engineer, Photonics Design
אלבקרקי, ניו מקסיקו; סנטה קלרה, קליפורניה Job ID JR0244929 Job Category Software Engineering Work Mode Hybrid Experience Level Experienced
Job DescriptionIntel Silicon Photonics Product Division (SPPD) is at the forefront of silicon photonics integration and is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that powers the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing-devices. Since announcing the world's first hybrid silicon laser nearly a decade ago, our team continues to lead the industry with cutting-edge technology and efficient, scalable high-volume manufacturing. Our dedication to advanced development ensures that Intel Silicon Photonics continues to drive future data center bandwidth growth with smaller form factors, co-packaging and higher speeds from 400G today to 1.6T+ and beyond tomorrow. We are looking for great talent to accelerate this journey so if you are interested in joining our leading organization then we want to hear from you. Intel's SPPD is currently seeking a Principal Photonics Design Engineer with extensive experience in development of Photonic integrated circuits and track record of innovations in high-speed photonic components design. A proven record in carrying designs from initial concept to customer delivery is required. You will have the opportunity to define product architectures, 112Gbaud+ photonics components, and hands on contribute to the development of the next generation photonics. You will be the key interface with stakeholders and leadership internally and externally. In addition, you will be the lead technical engineer assessing risks and identifying timely solutions to achieving program goals.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a similar discipline with 10+ years of experience in a related field and 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- 8+ years of experience in development of silicon photonics ICs from concept to high volume manufacturing
- Extensive (8+ years) experience in in designing, simulating, and testing high-speed optical modulators for 50+Gbaud in Si, IIIV, and other material systems including micro-ring, Mach-Zehnder, and electro-absorption modulators
- Experience in architecting, designing, taping out PICs; PIC test data analysis and design optimization
- 8+ years of experience in using process, device, RF, and optical simulation tools such as Sentaurus and Silvaco, HFSS and ADS, Lumerical (FDTD, MODE, DEVICE, Interconnect) and Harold-Photon Design, layout tools such as Candence and KLayout, numerical simulation tools such as Matlab, statistical data analysis tools such as JMP
- Understanding of various high-speed electronic ICs, including modulator drivers, linear and limiting TIAs, post amps, FFE/DFE Filters, DSPs, etc.
- Experience in development of optical modulators bias control
- Experience with system level simulations for IMMD and coherent systems is a plus
Inside this Business GroupIn the Design Engineering Group (DEG), we take pride in developing the best-in-class SOCs, Cores, and IPs that power Intel’s products. From development, to integration, validation, and manufacturing readiness, our mission is to deliver leadership products through the pursuit of Moore’s Law and groundbreaking innovations. DEG is Intel’s engineering group, supplying silicon to business units as well as other engineering teams. As a critical provider of all Intel products, DEG leadership has a responsibility to ensure the delivery of these products in a cost efficient and effective manner.
Other LocationsUS, Santa Clara
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $211,730.00-$339,050.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience