Senior Accountant for Intel Mexico
Intel Corporation is the world's leading technology company that develops designs manufactures and markets semiconductor processors that empower digitization and enrich lives. We operate in over 60 countries with Manufacturing Distribution and Research Development activities in the Americas, EMEA and Asia.
The Corporate Accounting Organization specifically the International Corporate Accounting group based in Costa Rica manages the whole local statutory and accounting processes for Canada, Spain and several Latin America Legal Entities and is looking for a Senior Accountant for Intel Mexico with below qualifications and requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining and analyzing the ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports.
- Develops and maintains the policies that govern the Company's reporting process and ensures compliance with generally accepted reporting standards.
- May define the accounting system roadmap and system requirements of the future and assist or direct system programming resources in the development of accounting systems.
- Accounting functions may include general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed asset accounting, intercompany accounting, and payroll.
- Supervision of lower-level exempt or non-exempt employees is common among incumbents working in accounting operations.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
Some detailed tasks for this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Independently and proactively analyzes financial information and develops solutions to complex problems.
- Consistently utilizes and applies advanced financial modeling, accounting, business and risk management skills.
- Provides varying levels of advice and financial information to operational business groups or factories to drive the business decision making process.
- Supports business by closing the books, analyzing variances and trends, and developing financial forecasts that are consistent with the business objectives of the organization.
- Provides information and counsel in the areas of controls/risk management, budgeting and planning, pricing, cost, marketing strategies, return on investment decisions, and the development of overall business plans and strategies.
- Manage and support audit requirements (Internal Audit, Sox, Financial Statements External Audit, Tax Compliance, Trade, Transfer Pricing, etc)
- Ensures compliance with reporting standards and corporate policies and the integrity of external and internal reporting.
- Plans and schedules own work to ensure the timely completion of interrelated to independent tasks and projects with very limited direction.
- Regularly applies strategies and concepts and draws on a cumulative knowledge base from previous experiences to independently execute an appropriate course of action.
- Develops solutions to a broad mix of moderate to complex business challenges. Inadequacies and erroneous decisions can cause considerable impact to business plans and results as well as project objectives and scheduling of work within own and other organizations.
- Interprets information for and negotiates with clients and customers both internal and external to the organization.
- Provides input to management including department heads, operational managers, other departments, and senior management.
- Responsible for providing financial support to larger or more profitable departments and accounts.
A successful candidate will have proven experience demonstrating the following skills and behavioral traits:
- Business partnership, action orientation, attention to details, good program management skills, solid experience in accounting and financial analysis, excellent written and verbal communication at all levels
- Willingness to synthesize data from multiple sources into management level summaries, also to work both independently and as a team.
- Adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment comfortable in ambiguous situations with through to work through various complexities with minimal supervision.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- BS degree in Accounting with 2+ years of experience in Mexico compliance regulations and audits.
- 1+ years of experience working with mexican tax compliance.
- Advanced English level.
- Must have permanent-unrestricted right to work in Mexico.
- Experience in Costa Rica compliance regulations and audits.
- CPA or CPI (Certified Public Accounting/ Private Certified Accountant).
- Basic knowledge in Power BI, Knime, Power Apps and/or SharePoint or any other data analytics tool.
- Knowledge in SAP.
- Advanced knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS), Generally accepted accounting principles (USGAAP) and Local standards GAAP.
- Experience in Audit Firms and or Global companies.
- Knowledge on Mexican Tax Compliance.