Silicon Photonics Package TD Leader
Silicon Photonics Packaging Development. Develops assembly processes and/or equipment and applies novel concepts for innovative solutions to enable Intel's roadmap of future assembly packaging platform technologies. Optimizes and improves the efficiency of manufacturing of packages, developing processes to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements. Develops process and equipment specifications applying principles for design of experiments and data analysis, and documents improvements through white papers. Develops and maintains equipment to evaluate silicon and package technologies under simulated field use conditions, such as heat, humidity, temperature cycle, and dynamic forces. Ensures manufacturability of physical layout of package design and oversees the cycle of manufactured package processes, procedures and flows. Establishes material specifications for contract assemblers and raw material vendors and interfaces with supplier quality and procurement teams to ensure material quality and vendor performance requirements are met through strict adherence to process specifications and existing product qualification methods. Develops new techniques and acceleration methods, tools, and quality screens to ensure the early identification of potential problems with packaging quality and reliability. Sets reliability requirements to meet customer needs and influences design, material selection and process development to meet those needs, based on fundamental understanding of failure mechanisms. Leads efforts towards innovating, problem solving, developing, and continuously improving equipment and processes using experimental design and statistical methods. Provides consultation concerning packaging problems and improvements in the packaging process, and responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Delivers standardization in product qualification, manufacturing quality systems, and methods and continuously engages with packaging technology development and partner engineering groups on process/technology maturity for products towards key risk areas in meeting product milestones.
Intel Silicon Photonics Product Division (SPPD) is at the forefront of silicon photonics integration and is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that powers the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing-devices. Since announcing the world's first hybrid silicon laser nearly a decade ago, our team continues to lead the industry with cutting-edge technology and efficient, scalable high-volume manufacturing. Our dedication to advanced development ensures that Intel Silicon Photonics continues to drive future data center bandwidth growth with smaller form factors, co-packaging and higher speeds from 800G today to 1.6T+ and beyond tomorrow. We are looking for great talent to accelerate this journey so if you are interested in joining our leading organization then we want to hear from you.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- 6+ years of experience in Technical Program Depth and Leadership for a complex multi-organizational project that also spans multiple geographies.
- 6+ years electronic chip assembly and packaging experience, both with some deep technical content as well as in a leadership capacity.
- 6+ years of experience in bringing together packaging technology, design, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, which would span teams both internal to Intel and with external suppliers.
- 6+ years of experience providing leadership to external material suppliers and assembly sites (OSATs)
- MS/PhD in packaging related technical discipline and 10+ years industry experience.
- 10+ years of experience working Internationally and willingness for periodic travel.
- 10+ years of experience managing both technology depth and willing to abstract and effectively communicate and work with other stakeholders
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.