Silicon Photonics Wafer Test Engineer
Intel® Silicon Photonics Product Division (SPPD) is at the forefront of silicon photonics integration and is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that powers the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing-devices. Since announcing the world’s first hybrid silicon laser nearly a decade ago, our team continues to lead the industry with cutting-edge technology and efficient, scalable high-volume manufacturing. Our dedication to advanced development ensures that Intel Silicon Photonics continues to drive future data center bandwidth growth with smaller form factors, co-packaging and higher speeds from 800G today to 1.6T+ and beyond tomorrow. We are looking for great talent to accelerate this journey so if you are interested in joining our leading organization then we want to hear from you.
As a Wafer Test Engineer, you will develop first-of-a-kind wafer-level testing methods of components used in Intel's Silicon Photonics products. You will manage test equipment development activities to qualify new optical wafer test designs and provide test feedback to Research and Development teams. You will work closely with Manufacturing Operations on wafer sort procedures. You will write code for software platforms to execute the tests and new setups and algorithms to extract parameters from the collected data. Strong cross-functional communications with design and manufacturing teams is expected in a fast-paced and challenging professional environment.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, or closely related field
- 5+ years of experience with optical fiber coupling design and mode characterization
- 5+ years of experience testing semiconductor devices such as lasers diodes, photodiodes
- 5+ years of experience using and programming semiconductor and optical test equipment
- 5+ years of experience programming and debugging data processing algorithms
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating computer, analytical skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, JMP, etc.)
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or optical Materials Science
- Experience testing integrated photonic solutions
- Technical background in optical communication components and/or systems
- 3+ years of relevant hands-on experience in HVM sort testing of photonic devices, with proven ability to integrate hardware and software into high volume test solutions
- 3+ years of experience with statistical data analysis and process control for test and process characterization and yield analysis
- 3+ years of experience with testing die-stacks on wafer or reconstituted wafers
- 3+ years of experience with full-wafer burn-in systems
Inside this Business GroupIntel Corporate Development is the focal point for all of Intel’s acquisitions and inorganic value creation opportunities, managing the entire life cycle of transactions from ideation to completion. Corporate Development has a unique vantage point at Intel, serving as the strategic partner and trusted advisor to our executive leadership team and business unit GMs, proactively shaping and executing our strategic inorganic initiatives.
Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $96,030.00-$144,050.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience