Foundry Technology Development - Staff Product Integration Engineer
Foundry Technology Development (LTD) - Staff Product Integration Engineer
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, and a global leader in innovation and new technology, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support.
Employees in the Technology Development Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth. We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
What we offer:
We foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results. We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
What we do:
At the core of Intel's groundbreaking product advancements, the Logic Technology Development (LTD) organization is a center of process technology innovation. Our relentless pursuit of excellence and innovation propels Intel's IDM 2.0 strategy, ensuring that we not only meet but exceed the aspirations of our global customers. As we continue to lead the semiconductor industry, we are enhancing our technological capabilities to guarantee the triumph of our customers' diverse and ambitious projects.
Your Role in Intel's Foundry Revolution: As a Foundry Technology Development - Staff Product Integration Engineer, you will be at the forefront of Intel's collaborative journey with our foundry partners. Your expertise will be pivotal in guiding our customers through the intricate journey of product development, starting from the critical design tape-out phase to the exhilarating moment of New Product Introduction (NPI) silicon qualification. You will play a vital role in overseeing the wafer manufacturing process and ensuring a seamless transition into volume production. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is not just participating in the industry but actively shaping its future.
Take a look at Life Inside IntelHERE
What you will do:
- Own the Foundry silicon quality and output in LTD from NPI to through High Volume Manufacturing (HVM), including transfer to HVM factories.
- Support product development in foundry technology, potentially intellectual property (IP) design activities and execution: design rules, mask tape-out, through HVM.
- Engage side-by-side with baseline Process Integration in New Product Introduction (NPI) execution such as wafer lot progress, skew split planning and execution, device targeting and variability analysis for customer products.
- Provide regular readout and inline metrology on process development progress and product health to management and external customers.
- Collaborate with Customer Engineering and Yield teams to assess and develop processes that meet the customer technology metrics; spanning from fab process yield, stability, and process capability (CpKs).
- Lead investigations and root-causing on non-conformance from Process of Records (POR). May include process deviation, inline drifts.
- Work on Design Rule Check (DRC) Violations with the technology specific Waiver Review Board (WRB) stakeholders to assess risk of the violations.
- Support central TD factory teams to analyze and assess product yield and performance commits and Continuous Improvement Projects (CIP).
- Execute foundry customer service best practices, and improvements to fab and development operational systems and methodologies to improve efficiency and standardization in an expanding business opportunity.
We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
Intel's approach for the future of work is grounded in our belief that our people are our most important asset. While we know we don't have all the answers for what will work best long-term, the data shows that many workers are looking for increased flexibility, and that's why we're leading with a hybrid-first approach. This is a hybrid position, with a possible remote option.
Learn more about our Amazing BenefitsHERE
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Master's Degree with 5+ years of experience OR PhD Degree with 3+ years of experience. Accepted degrees in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, Chemical Engineering or other relevant engineering or physical science discipline.
- The years of related industry experience listed above must be 5+ (MS) or 3+ (PHD) in one or more of the following fields
- Semiconductor FinFET Technology process integration experience
- Foundry technology NPI silicon execution with split planning and skew lot deliverables
- Lot ownership and fab silicon execution including process change management, process capability (CpK) compliance.
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or related field.
- Applied industrial experience in at least one of the following technical areas:
- Semiconductor yield engineering working on ET parametric related yield opportunities.
- Fabless design house in a foundry interfacing role.
- Semiconductor process integration, device physics, logic, architecture and integration, and interconnect development on leading edge technology nodes.
- IC wafer fabrication process engineering, manufacturing systems, semiconductor materials, and wafer test (e.g. areas may include photolithography and advanced patterning, thin film deposition, planarization, defect metrology.
- Troubleshooting tape-out issues e.g. GDS Layout investigation and tracing and DRC errors investigation.
- Experience of analyzing product data including inline, e-test and SORT data thru model based problem solving.
- Analytical Software and scripting skills for data analysis.