GPU Software Engineering Manager
We are looking for a GPU software engineering manager to manage Intel’s Open-Source 3D Graphics Driver team to deliver world class 3D graphics drivers for Client, Data Center and Discrete GPU roadmap.
The Engineering manager will be responsible for managing the Linux 3D graphics team. This role requires general understanding of Linux ecosystem, GPU architecture, and Software development life cycle practices.
An ideal candidate understands Linux Kernel mode/user moder software driver development, platform-level validation, and customer enabling processes. Leadership will require identifying and deploying breakthrough methods to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
The role requires working across multiple internal and external stakeholders in a fast-paced environment and requires a dynamic, self-driven, influential, resilient individual who can thrive in ambiguity and can understand and translate the needs of internal and external customers across the product life cycle.
A successful candidate is a role model of intel values and best engineering management practices. Our team prides itself on being friendly, inclusive, and transparent, and we hope to find someone who appreciates the same.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
7+ years of experience in Software Engineering Management in the following areas:
- Leading complex projects with highly matrixed teams across multiple geographies
- Basic understanding of developer productivity, key engineering practices, Open source, Linux software development etc.
- Excellent communication skills, clearly articulating options and decision implications to senior leaders.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders. Lead and influence change across multiple groups.
- Prior experience working on initiatives improving engineering productivity.
- Able to quantify, analyze data for various measures, metrics for productivity.
- Deep understanding of platform and software development.
- Deep understanding of Graphics domain.
- Have executed flawlessly across organizational imperatives that had significant business impact.
- Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.