Lab Compute Infrastructure DevOps Engineer
As a Lab Compute Infrastructure DevOps Engineer, you will be joining a dynamic team providing IT support for Intel Labs.Our team helps deliver a set of IT infrastructure processes, technologies and organizational solutions assisting lab partners to reduce Intel's products time to market. The Lab Compute Infrastructure DevOps Engineer ensures the efficient planning, provisioning, installation/configuration, maintenance, and/or operations of the hardware and software infrastructure required to build, validate, and release a wide variety of hardware and software products and projects. Works closely with development and quality teams to derive infrastructure design requirements, build, test, and automate tools appropriate to the project, and/or implements and maintains of those systems within the constraints imposed by Intel enterprise infrastructure (IT) and other governing bodies. Owns the end-to-end delivery pipeline, including source code management, versioning/tagging strategy, component build and packaging, test automation tooling, release staging, acceptance and/or indicators, required security and IP scans, any third-party conformance tools, artifact storage and distribution, and disaster recovery planning. Identifies opportunities and implements solutions for increased automation, reliability, and/or velocity within the pipeline through implementation of robust infrastructure telemetry, KPIs, and indicators, and by monitoring and applying industry best practices. Excellent problem-solving skills to troubleshoot complex issues.
In addition, the ideal candidate should also exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Motivated to continuously learn and improve or replace existing solutions.
- Customer and results oriented with attention to quality and details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player.
- Passion in delivering high quality end-user experience.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 3+ years of experience -OR- a Master's Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 2+ years of experience -OR- a PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science and experience in the following:
- Linux system administration experience.
- Linux concepts (like Namespaces, Cgroups, SystemD, JournalD and FirewallD).
- Proficiency in Virtualization with focus on containers.
- Hardware integration.
- bare-metal clustering and deployment strategies.
- Automation using Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Monitoring and visualization using Prometheus, ELK stack, Grafana, New-Relic, etc.
- storage (NAS, Object) and networking.
- Shell, Python, Go, Ruby.
- Designing and operating highly scalable, highly available solution.