Lab Engineering Technician
Advance Design Labs is looking to add a bright, resourceful, and organized Lab Engineering Technician to its highly skilled team. You'll be vital to the team's operations and deliverables. This position requires initiative, attention to detail, ability to learn quickly, ability to work with engineers and other technicians, organization and discipline. This is an ideal position for a motivated individual who is passionate about attention to detail and delivering results while working in a high powered, collaborative environment.
The Lab Team:
The Advanced Design Lab is responsible for supporting and enabling the characterization of some very sensitive high-performance device and circuit characteristics. We tackle a wide variety of electrical, mechanical, and logistical challenges which would normally impede the ability to collect reliable, accurate, clean data.
We believe that enabling true visibility into silicon performance is key to building trust and winning customers. The lab team is anxiously engaged in root-causing issues when they arise and leveraging a wide variety of skillsets to propose and implement robust solutions. Our team continues to grow as Intel values our vision, our ability to learn and adapt, and our creativeness and ingenuity.
On your first day, you will be expected to have the following characteristics:
- Self-motivated/managed - You will be expected to be comfortable with receiving high-level objectives and then finding optimal paths to a solution.
- Detail oriented - You should not be afraid to dive into technical details when necessary. Additionally, being a strong learner will enable you to quickly extract the pertinent technical information and apply it to the problem at hand.
- Communication skills - You will be expected to have exacting communication skills. This means using proper, clear, and concise language in both verbal and written communication. Accordingly, written documentation should be well organized, comprehensive, and have an intuitive flow.
- Great facilitation and collaboration skills, a flexible and friendly approach to working in teams.
- A passion for cleanliness and organization. You will be responsible for organizing tools and equipment used by lab staff and engineers. Proper and intuitive organization promotes a more efficient lab space.
What we value:
- Empathy not ego - we strive to understand our customers and fight to empower them.
- Execution - we acquire the necessary skills to work out solutions and maintain high data collection volume.
- Work Ethic - we appreciate and reward individuals who go above beyond the minimum requirements.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly. This position doesn’t have immigration sponsorship.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork and/or classes and/or research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Candidate must possess a High School diploma with 6-8+ years of relevant experience or AA degree with up to 3+ years of relevant experience or BS degree in electronics/electrical engineering or related fields.
5+ years using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
3+ years of experience with DC or RF wafer probers.