RF Lab Engineering Manager
The Lab Team:
The Advanced Design Lab is responsible for supporting and enabling the characterization of extremely sensitive high-performance device and circuit characteristics. We tackle a wide variety of electrical, mechanical, and logistical challenges which would normally impede the ability to collect reliable, accurate, clean data.
We believe that enabling true visibility into silicon performance is key to building trust and winning customers. The lab team is anxiously engaged in root-causing issues when they arise and leveraging a wide variety of skillsets to propose and implement robust solutions. Our team continues to grow as Intel values our vision, our ability to learn and adapt, and our creativeness and ingenuity.
On your first day, you will be expected to have experience in project leadership. This includes:
- Collecting, synthesizing and analyzing project data and information.
- Creating/tracking/adjusting project schedules
Identifying necessary tasks, determining dependencies, assessing costs, and identifying proper resources.
- Developing solutions to problems by exercising judgement and discretion.
- Understanding technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined project.
- Self-motivated/managed - You will be expected to be comfortable with receiving high-level objectives and then finding optimal paths to a solution.
- Detail oriented - You should not be afraid to dive into technical details when necessary. Additionally, being a learner will enable you to quickly extract the pertinent technical information and apply it to the problem at hand.
- Communication skills - You will be expected to have exacting communication skills. This means using proper, clear, and concise language in both verbal and written communication. Accordingly, written documentation should be well organized, comprehensive, and have an intuitive flow.
- Great facilitation and collaboration skills, a flexible and friendly approach to working in teams.
- A passion for cleanliness and organization. You will be responsible for organizing tools and equipment used by lab staff and engineers.
- Proper and intuitive organization promotes a more efficient lab space.
What we value:
- Empathy not ego - we strive to understand our customers and fight to empower them.
- Execution - we acquire the necessary skills to grind out solutions and maintain high data collection volume.
- Leadership - developing and communicating a clear vision is critical in establishing industry leadership.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must possess a BS degree with 3+ years of experience or MS degree with 2+ years of experience or PhD degree in business management, project management, electrical engineering, or communications.
5+ years of experience in the following:
- Microsoft Office.
- Team management.