SAP System Analyst - Tax and Localization
The Integrated Device Manufacturing 2.0 (IDM 2.0) Acceleration Office (IAO) is a new team responsible for creating the internal foundry model within Intel that will power the next phase of our IDM 2.0 strategy. Implementing an internal foundry model means establishing our current Manufacturing Service plus Intel Foundry Services as its own operating segment and PNL within Intel. The successful candidate will need to partner across Intel groups and functions to create consistent Indirect Tax and Localization processes, systems and guardrails between our business unit, design, and manufacturing teams. The focus will be on implementing industry best business practices and capabilities to help Intel deliver leading products and services. IAO is seeking an SAP Tax and Localization Analyst with a strong track record of building end to end financial system flows to drive the foundation for Intel's dynamic business environment. This requires the ability to partner and collaborate across business groups while leading innovation and positive change. Key areas of focus are Indirect Tax and Localization (Statutory) reporting. The SAP Tax and Localization IT lead is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Building SAP Central Finance technology solutions that transform Intel's Global Finance functions.
- Integrating Finance solutions with Order to Cash and Procure to Pay processes and systems, ensuring all works together seamlessly with a Tax mindset.
- Influencing how SAP data parameters should be set-up to enable Indirect Tax reporting that supports Intel’s Statutory requirements.
- Engaging a team of subject matter experts and key users to build understanding of current and to-be processes.
- Partner with business stakeholders to gather tax requirements and design, develop, test, document, implement and support solutions.
- Understand business needs and lead design discussions around business needs, fully leveraging SAP product capabilities as well as those from our tax engine, OneSource, and other tax boundary applications.
- Collaborating on master data elements and other data attributes required for Tax determination, compliance and reporting as well as decision making.
- Working closely with our integration partner to define the future end to end process and solution.
- Working with project team and business stakeholders to arrive at key business decisions as it relates to process changes and system configuration.
- Working with our integration partner and Finance partners to develop the change management strategy, capture change impacts and lead organization changes triggered by the project.
IAO is a fun and highly collaborative team that provides a unique, front-seat opportunity to lead change across the full scope of Intel's business.
If you are looking for a role that gives you the opportunity for influence and to shape a key component of Intel's future, and you are willing to embrace the pace and ambiguity that comes with this challenge, then we encourage you to apply.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Finance, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience as a Tech Lead, with ability to translate functional requirements into technical terms relevant to SAP leveraging BAPIs and other standard SAP tools.
- 8+ plus years of experience with SAP solutions including SAP Controlling and AP/AR integration into SAP FICO
- Experience with GST, VAT and Withholding Taxes within the SAP environment
- Understanding of Parallel Ledgers and Localization
- Strong understanding of financial transactional flow in SAP
- Ability to lead requirements and influence the design of repeatable and scalable processes.
- Proven track record of collaboration across multiple organizations, business partners and stakeholders
- Expertise in large scale business transformation
- Proven track record and experience in leading SAP Tax and Localization implementations with large global enterprises across multiple legal entities in a highly complex systems and project environment
- Strong understanding of finance business processes and ability to map business requirements to standard SAP processes with minimal or no customization.
- Experience with OneSource and integrations with other related SaaS platforms like Ariba, Blackline, etc. is preferred.
- Experience with S4 HANA architecture and tools is a plus.
- Good understanding and experience with Order to Cash and Procure to Pay processes within SAP.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills with high internal drive with an ability to work with ambiguous and incomplete information.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills; able to mediate opposing viewpoints; work well in a team environment.