PGDM Plating Module Technician
Intel's recently announced IDM 2.0 strategy includes a plan to significantly expand the manufacturing network, establishing new capacity and capability to meet the accelerating global demand for semiconductors. The Disaggregated Manufacturing Organization (DMO) will play an important role in this strategy, leveraging Intel's Advanced Packaging technology portfolio to deliver leadership products. To enable this ramp, DMO is building an Advanced Packaging manufacturing facility in Malaysia, increasing its investment in this region which has been a critical part of Intel's supply chain for over five decades. Join the Intel Malaysia Advanced Packaging team where you will be instrumental in developing and ramping some of Intel's newest Advanced Packaging technologies and help us realize Intel's vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides sustaining support of module equipment/ module components and supports installation and qualification of new module equipment/ module components.
- Executes maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting activities for module equipment and components.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles equipment according to schematics, repair manuals, or specifications. Designs and develops relevant tooling and fixtures.
- Partners with engineering on repair development procedures to ensure manufacturability.
- Creates detailed documentation of operational and maintenance procedures.
- Interfaces with engineering and reports schedule updates to Management.
- Supports Engineering with module equipment troubleshooting through data analysis and controlled experimentation that will improve module availability /performance by preventing excursions.
- Works with Engineers to support new equipment installations, sustaining, and process improvement initiatives.
- Partners with manufacturing floor to ensure factory commitments are met.
- May run the equipment in some settings if required.
- Makes Engineering evaluation of equipment and quality issue escalations, especially when Module Engineer is off shift.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Diploma (Technical) in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic/ Microelectronic Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in semiconductor/wafer fab industries.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English
- Willing to work onsite, 12hrs per day, 48hrs per week, day/night shift schedule rotation every week
- 2+ years' experience in maintaining and troubleshooting Wafer Fabrication equipment in clean room environment (Preferably Plating Equipment)
- Able to perform Plating/ Wafer Fabrication equipment periodic maintenance, corrective maintenance, regular monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Adapt with changes and be flexible with shift working pattern
- Must be able to travel for training as a preparation for factory start up in Penang.
Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.